Job Description for UK Care Home jobs
Duties of Home Care Assistance
Give anti-discriminatory support and care that values the whole person rather than merely seeing a list of care needs. Carefully listen and observe how each client/patient prefers their support and care to be delivered on a day to day basis. Help them make their own decisions, so they can be as independent as possible.
Follow the instructions in the support and care plan agreed with each client/patient. This may include:
- All aspects of personal care such as showering and bathing, dressing and grooming, dental hygiene, toileting and continence care
- Assisting with medicines, ordering and collecting prescriptions or returning unwanted medicines to the pharmacy for safe disposal
- Supporting the client/patient to eat and drink well.
- Safely using aids and personal equipment in a manner that respects the dignity of clients/patients. For example walking frames, wheelchairs, manual and electric hoists, sliding sheets and moving boards, hearing aids and other physical aids
- Housework such as dusting, tidying, washing floors, vacuuming and sweeping, doing the laundry and ironing, making beds and changing the linen
- Social and physical activities or mental stimulation such as keeping in touch with friends/relatives, taking a client/patient out shopping or to social activities, hobbies such as reading, photo albums, games, etc.
Experience and skills required for UK Care Home jobs
- Ability to listen, communicate clearly and build positive working relationships with clients/patients, their families or representatives, care staff and other social and health care professionals
- Ability to give support and care to clients/patients with all aspects of their daily living. To always respect their dignity, privacy and choices, be non- judgemental and promote their independence
- Numerical skills to support clients/patients in managing their money and buying shopping or paying bills when requested to do so
- Ability to keep written records in clear English about the support and care given to each client/patient, including help with medicines
- Ability and willingness to follow company policies, procedures and instructions and to participate in training
- All staff are expected to meet regulatory training standards. Home Care assistants must attend initial company training before providing support and care to our clients/patients. During the first 12 weeks, you will continue to receive on the job and virtual training to help you fully understand your role. You must be willing to participate in ongoing training, so you can continue to give good and safe support and care.
- You will need to obtain a satisfactory criminal records check and evidence that your name is not listed as barred from working with vulnerable people
- Candidates must know driving and must have valid driving license
- IELTS/ SELT required
- Female candidates preferred
- Experienced in Personal Care provision
- Experienced car driver in home country with driving licence
- Education required for healthcare jobs in UK – Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery or BSc degree candidates to be considered
- Age – 18 to 55 years
- Gross Annual Salary – Pounds Sterling £21,000 (£1,750 per month)
- Working hours – 40 hours per week.
- OT – appx £500 extra per month for about 8 hours extra per week
- Joining Ticket – Provided
- Sponsorship Certificate – By Company
- Shared Accommodation – £500/month for each candidate (electric, internet, water, gas inclusive) Minimum 12 months renewable open contract.
- Transportation – Company provides Car with fuel – £140 per month to be paid by candidate to cover cost of insurance charge
- Food – Each candidate needs to pay for groceries £40 each week. Hence, monthly £160 for each candidate.
- National Insurance & Tax – £300 per month to be paid by candidate.
- The minimum balance/savings each month of approximately £600 – £650, which equates to INR 60,000 per month. This is based on min 40 hours/week work.
- Healthcare Visa for 3 years provided – By Company
- Visa Cost of £232 to be paid in home country by candidate before visa stamping
- Health insurance – By Company
- Qualification & Skills assessment is compulsory
- Test for Work Permit – SELT with B1 level